Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hack Your Own Product

Twenty years ago I had a kitchen/lab with about 2,500 acids, alkalies, solvents, powders, polymers, wiping cloths, and more. My stainless steel sink was VERY badly stained.  I am surprised my landlord didn't make me replace it when I got married and moved out.  Those were the days.  There were things I came up with then that I never wrote down.  Things that might be viable commercial products today.  I also discovered so many things by pure accident.  Like the tests I developed for abrasive and chemical damage to glass surfaces. And the crazing and hazing affects on acrylic and polycarbonate.  I stayed up late working on stuff I can't even remember now.  I was a regular at the local glass shop constantly buying brand new window glass and mirror.  Only to bring it home and waste it with chemicals and abrasives.  I had Window Cleaners send me pieces of windows taken from buildings they were working on so I could come up with the best way to fix the surface damage.  I had pieces of windows taken from some very famous buildings.  Which had pyrolytic coatings that had been "invisibly" damaged by certain acids. So much fun!

What I want to do now is make many of these ingredients available to you.  I am now involved in product development. Some of my products will be coming to market soon.  Only because I am now working with a manufacturer who is a very dynamic man that wants to help in a large way.  But I want to give you the chance to join in the fun.  Come go with me as the old timers down in South Carolina used to say.  But I literally mean it!

So send me an email.  Don't just read these posts.  Get involved too.  Tell me what you are thinking about.  Lets talk.

Written by Henry Grover Jr.
henrygroverjr@gmail.com

To receive these posts in your inbox just type your address in the box at the top right, "Follow by Email".

No comments: