Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Making SKRUB;...a video presentation

A little crude as I am learning a new video editing program.  A cheap one that I downloaded free. Can't get any more cheap then that.  Movie Maker from Microsoft.  Cuz Microsoft took over my computor and "updated" it to Windows 10 when I was VERY content with Windows 7.  Immediately after my old Pinnacle 12 editing program wouldn't work.  Not compatible with my new tracking OS. Just had to vent.

Hoping you like my little movie.  It does demonstrate how EZ it is to mix up the SKRUB.  This is a great product for removing light stains from glass by hand.  Can be cut with pure water to your liking too.  At the end of the movie I demonstrate how you can stand up a pen in a cup of SKRUB.  I havn't found a commercial product yet that I could do this with.  They typically use only a very small amount of superabrasive powder.  No matter what it happens to be.  SKRUB is also great for removing greasy fingerprints from restaurant windows. Just add a table spoon of it to a couple gallons of cleaning solution.  Use any soap or chem you want.  A friend discovered he could make up a solution of it in a Gatorade bottle with the pop up cap.  Squirt it on the applicator only when needed.  This way it doesn't cause your entire cleaning solution to turn a dirty white.  And the SKRUB goes a lot further.

What I find personally fascinating is how the powder turns a dark brown when it comes into contact with a water miscible fluid.  This is because the individual microscopic particles have been treated with a proprietary chemical.  Or they have been functionalized.  The particle zoo is quite diversified. 

I would like to take this opportunity to once more warn the manufacturers among us not to waste their time with these "transformer" products I am developing.  They will be gold to us Window Cleaners;...but will be quite impractical to copy and market.  The ingredients cost, and shelf life actually precludes anyone from bringing them to the market.  Even a niche market.



Oh yeah.  If you would like a copy of my newsletter the Glass Smart Product Development Review that gives the sources for all of the ingredients and more just send me an email.  The two page newsletter is 35 bux, sent by email, and billed by Pay Pal. These products along with the knowledge you will find on this blog will give you the edge over other companies.

Be;...


Written and produced by Henry Grover Jr.
henrygroverjr@gmail.com

To receive these posts directly in your inbox just type your address in the box at the top right, "Follow by Email".

No comments: